This salad is absolute perfection. Crunchy, crispy, and colorful, it’s so refreshing and light. Everything you want in a summer salad. I found it in Cooking Light recently as well. I made it for lunch today while the boys napped and pulled it back out later for my dinner. No one eats cucumbers except for Massey and me. When I sat down eating straight out of the Tupperware bowl, he pushed his bowl of spaghetti aside and said, “Me eat!” He took the bowl and ate and ate on the salad, saying, “Mmmmm…” This would be perfect served on the side with a heavier entree. Without further adieu, the cast of characters:
These are the ingredients, minus the dill once again, because I still haven’t been back to the grocery store. I used dried dill for this one as well. And that rogue cucumber from the other day, well he was sweating in this photo, worried he was once again at the wrong party. Relax little cucumber, this is your moment to shine.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce heart (about 1)
- 2 1/2 cups cucumber (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, almonds, and feta in a large bowl; toss.
2. Combine dill and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add dill mixture to lettuce mixture; toss to coat.