I’m sure everyone has a tried and true cornbread recipe, but for anyone who doesn’t, this one is delicious and oh so easy! I thought it would be perfect to have with our dinner on this dreary rainy night. We’ve made the base of this for years in my family, but after Will and I married, he asked for Mexican cornbread. I added a few ingredients to my regular cornbread recipe and voila!
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 c. self-rising meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- ½ c. cooking oil
- 1 can (7 oz.) cream style corn
- 2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (can saute to take out some of the heat)
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 ½ c. shredded cheddar (I shredded white and yellow cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease cast iron skillet and place into oven to heat. Mix all ingredients except ½ cup of cheddar, until well blended.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet and top with remaining cheddar. Bake for 35-40 minutes.